FULL TIME POSITION BASED IN AUSTIN, TX
Muy’Ono Management, the largest hospitality and resort management company in Belize, is seeking exceptional candidates looking for an exciting career as an Accountant in its Austin office. This role will report directly to the CFO, but will work collaboratively with several executives across the business portfolio, including the CEO. This individual will also help manage a large accounting team in Belize.
This role will be responsible for handling various general accounting transactions including, but not limited to, Payroll, Accounts Receivable/Invoicing, Accounts Payable, intercompany transactions, clearing accounts and general month-end accounting activities such as journal entry preparation and account reconciliations for global operations. This position will also provide support for key projects, process improvements, system enhancements and implementation.
● Manage the company’s financial accounts, US payroll, budgets, cash receipts and financial assets
● Maintain accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, daily financial entries, and reconciliations
● Prepare, consolidate, and publish financial statements
● Provide weekly cash flow forecast reports
● Perform financial audits
● Reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
● Ensure bills and payroll are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
● Create and distribute client invoices
● Process payments – complete bill pay and wire transactions
● Provide support for financial system implementation
● Support Client Projects for reconciliation, billing, and financial analysis
● Train other team members
● Perform analyses such as investigating variances, providing detail of departmental charges and advising of financial procedures.
Requirements & Qualifications
● Undergraduate Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics
● 2+ years relevant accounting experience
● Preference for those candidates who have completed advanced Microsoft Excel training
● Advanced technology and reporting experience with the ability to create queries and reports within existing financial systems
● Strong academic performance: Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA (or a really, really good story)
● Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
● Must be willing to travel
● Job is based in Austin, TX
Muy’Ono Management is an equal opportunity employer and selects and evaluates
employees based on skills, ability, experience, training, character, ability to work with others, and
other relevant factors. Our policy is to fill every position without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, creed, gender, marital status, age, or sexual orientation.
Send resume and digital portfolio to Brooke DeClairmont at email@example.com